Cook County Real Estate Attorney
The purchase of a home or business is often the largest investment ever made in a person’s lifetime. When an individual, couple, family or group is ready to make the purchase, it is absolutely essential that every detail of each legal document is executed perfectly, without error. The same, of course, is true for the seller. There are many contracts involved and they each require the greatest attention to detail. Attorney Martin LaScola is an experienced real estate and contract attorney at Gardi & Haught, Ltd., and is available to help you in your real estate matters.
Schaumburg Real Estate Attorney
There are numerous documents that must be properly crafted, executed and reviewed in a timely manner before a real estate purchase, sale, lease or conveyance can occur. Whether buying, selling or leasing a home, building, parcel of land or rights to property, all related documents must be correct or the purchase or sale may be flawed. The attorney provides services that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Affidavit of Title – titles are reviewed for possible defects
- Order payoffs from all lenders
- Provides survey company quote
- Prepare all required closing documents
- Closing documents may include deed, bill of sale, affidavit of title, etc.
- Ensure proper transfer of title at closing
- Monitor deadlines for home inspection, financing and home sale contingencies
Whether purchasing or selling property, Attorney LaScola represents buyers and sellers at every stage of the real estate transaction, from the negotiation to the closing. It is particularly advisable to secure legal counsel during the negotiation stage of a transaction, when the terms of the contract are determined. Attorney LaScola works with clients and their realtors as well. It is important to note that in Illinois, only a licensed attorney is qualified to draft contracts. Make sure that your documents are properly executed from the start.
Commercial Seller, Purchaser
- Negotiate and draft commercial contract
- Monitor deadlines for all contingencies
- Review leases and lease agreements
- Order employment security and bulk sales releases from state
- UCC searches to ensure clear title
- Prepare all closing documents, including corporate resolutions
- Attend closing to ensure proper transfer of title and leasehold interests
Chicago Real Estate Lawyer
Attorney Martin LaScola provides thorough and detail-oriented legal services in real estate transactions, whatever your particular needs are. Attorney LaScola, of Gardi & Haught, Ltd., represents clients in Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, Will and McHenry counties and elsewhere throughout the state. To schedule a consultation, call 773-655-5544.